Visitor Visa solutions & support

Parent Category: Home


Canada work permit allows an individual to move to Canada to work for a specific position in a particular company for a specific time period (1-2 years). You can work in Canada for maximum 4 years.

You be eligible for work permit, you have to fulfill the following requirements

  • You must obtain arrange an offer from an employer who is ready to hire you as per Labour Market Guidelines
  • Your Canadian employer must get a LMIA - Labour Market Impact Assessments LMIA’s – formerly known as Labour Market Opinions (LMOs), the prerequisite for Work Permits for Temporary Foreign Workers
  • Apply for the work permit through CIC

Being a Canada based company Acme can help you navigate this complex process from the initial screening to getting LMIA and filling the application.


If you have training or/and experience of working as a nanny for children/elderly people/ disabled, then you may be eligible for LCP program. Under this program, a candidate is eligible to apply for Permanent Residency after working for 2 years. Also the applicant has to live with the employer in same premises during the period of the job.

To be eligible under this program, you have to fulfill the following requirements0

  • Minimum 6 months of the in school LCP training or at least one year of job experience of working as Live In caregiver or related job in past 3 years
  • Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
  •  Clear medical and criminal record
  • A job letter from an eligible employer in Canada

* There are few LMIA which are exempted from the need to apply to Employment and Social Development Canada ( ESDC) as follows :


NAFTA is a formal agreement that establishes clear rules for international trade and investment between Canada, the United States, and Mexico. The goal of this is to expand trade between these 3 countries.  In this if you are a citizen of either of these countries you can be eligible for a temporary entry into these 3 countries for business and investment programs.
Candidates interested in expanding trade to either of NAFTA countries should have access to one these countries in order to sell or provide goods or services or trade and invest. American or Mexican business persons can get temporary entry to Canada under selected category of workers.
Following categories of the candidates can be eligible under NAFTA to get Temporary work permit
-          Business Visitors
Under this category a candidate can come to Canada to participate in international business activity without being part of Canadian labour Market. These candidates can stay in Canada for upto 6 months and these candidates don’t need work permit. 
-          Professionals
One can apply for a visa if applicant has an offer from Canadian Employer, qualified to perform the duties under the said position and the position offered should be from one of the 63 approved professions for example accountants, engineer etc.
-          Traders
In order to get NAFTA trader visa, you should be an American or Mexican citizen. The Canadian enterprise you are planning to come must demonstrate American or Mexican Nationality, must engages in substantial trade in services or goods and you must be working on a managerial position 
-          Investors
In order to get NAFTA investor visa, you should be an American or Mexican citizen. You must be able to demonstrate that you in process of making substantial investment in Canadian enterprise. You must be an individual investor seeking entry solely to develop an enterprise in Canada



Under ICT program certain employees are allowed to get transfer to Canadian branches without the involvement of ESDC. Companies doing business or planning to do businesses in Canada, can transfer their employees under ICT to Canada. A transferee can apply for the work permit in Canadian Visa Office or alternatively at Canadian Port of Entry. If a person is already in Canada on Visitor permit, still he is eligible to file Work Permit within Canada.

To be eligible under this program, you have to fulfill the following requirements :

  • Proof of relationship between Canadian and foreign employer.
  • Outline of pre-arranged position in Canada.
  •   Proof of employment with organization.
  •   Proof of citizenship.

Usually transferees get 1 to 3 years of work permit depending on the nature and designation of the job. Extensions can be granted upto 2 years depending upon the case.

For more details, visit your nearest Acme office or you can schedule an appointment on phone for office consultation or phone consultation.